Mammogram and ultrasound done. Having high TSH level, feeling fatigued. Am I fine?

I recently had a mammogram that showed a questionable area with recommendation for compression view and ultrasound, which my MD ordered. I have not had any breast exam, just the mammogram. When I returned for the compression view and ultrasound, following the compression view, I was told by the same person doing it, that no ultrasound was needed as the doctor said the area was "no longer there". I am currently having other issues including extremely high TSH (94), akaline phosphates ( 633) as well as extreme fatigue and in general not feeling well at all. I am concerned that the ultrasound was not done. Do you recommend that I follow up with an ob/gyn rather than having my MD make the decision on pushing for the ultrasound, or am I just being overly cautious and if the radiologist said there is nothing there, I'm fine? Thank you.
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 2 hours later
Thanks for consulting us.
This is good to know that your compression view came back normal. In my opinion it would be better for you to have a breast examination rather than ultrasound scan. As if your examination is normal along with a normal mammogram there is hardly any point to worry for. I hope it will turn out to be normal as well.
I think your thyroid problem is responsible for your other symptoms especially fatigue & In my opinion, your Physician is the person which can deal best with both TSH & Alkaline Phosphatase issues.
Hope I have addressed your concerns. Please write back if you have any question.
Hope you get well soon.
Best Regards.