Male taking clobetasol and clindamycin for skin irruptions. Developed sore nipples with oozes little. Related?

I am an elderly male taking clobetasol and clindamycin for skin irruptions for the past 2-3 weeks. I have developed sore nipples with one of them oozing a little. Is there a connection between the soreness and the drugs?
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Clindamycin can cause a possible rash as a side effect. It would most commonly cause what is known as a morbillliform rash. This means pink to red flat spots or small raised red bumps , the areas lose colour when the rash is compressed.

This rash would normally start on the trunk and spread to the limbs symmetrically.

It is not associated with a rash in the area of the nipples or oozing of the nipples.

Clobetasol is also not known to cause this reaction.

There is a condition called dermatitis of the nipples where a person can have itchiness and/or soreness of the nipples.It can be due to:(1) contact dermatitis where the nipple area has come into contact with a cloth material, cream, detergent, soap that is irritating it
(2)yeast infection
(3)eczema- some persons with a history of eczema can develop a rash in this area
(4) pagets disease- this is a rare type of breast cancer that can present with a rash around the nipple

You may want to consider visiting your doctor for an evaluation to determine the exact cause of this symptom.

I hope this helps, please feel free to ask any other questions