MRI,renal cyst,no hydronephrosis,ovarian cyst

im still having thought about my report and feel very worried. i need some advice on what i need to do. this is my report-
mri without contrast on kidneys
both kidneys demonstrate several subcentimeter hyperintensities most consistent with a renal cyst. the largest is in the mid zone of the right kidney as before less than 2 cm and unchanged. the one of interest previously was exophytic from the lateral aspect of the lower pole rt kidney. this is mildly hyperintense on the t2 weighted images and slightly hyperintense on the phase t1 weighted image. there is no hydronephrosis. note that the in phase t1 weighted image also shows some other hyperintense foci within the cortex of the left kidney which demonstrate subtle hyperdensity on the prior ct. these are mildly hyperintense on the t2 weighted sequence as well.
1 there is no hydronephrosis. note that renal calculi are not well depicted on mri.
2 multiple subcentimeter renal parenchymal cysts some which are hemorrhagic or proteinaceous. one of interest previously rt lateral lower pole is not definitel changed. consider a one year follow up..

could this mean something serious? can you please tell me what could be going on with my kidneys
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 7 hours later

You seem to be having just bilateral multiple renal cysts. This is not serious problem unless it gets complicated.

Of interest to myself is whether you have cysts in any other organ and do you have family history of renal cystic disease? What is your blood pressure?

Hope i have answered your query.

Please write if there are any follow up quires.

Thanks and regards.
Follow-up: MRI,renal cyst,no hydronephrosis,ovarian cyst 6 hours later
no kidney disease that i know of but my father doesnt really know his real families health history because he was adopted. my blood pressure is always normal. i have had cyst in my ovaries in the past. what could these hyperintensities mean or the foci, what does this mean? should i worry about cancer with this report.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 13 hours later
Hello again,

You need worry about the cysts, they are simple cysts in the kidney.

No need to worry about cancer but you should repeat scan after 1 year.