MRI stated cervical neuritis or radiculitis. Another stated cervical spondylosis. Does both mean the same?

Spine Surgeon
Dear Doctor, I just had a MRI done and went to my neurologist for the results, it stated I have cervical neuritis or radiculitis. On the paper I got from the place I had the MRI done it said I had moderate cervical spondylosis. Are they the same? He also said there are a few bone spurs on my neck. I have been getting sharp pain down both arms, hands and elbows for a long time now, (over six years). My right wrist is still swollen since my right hand carpal surgery. I get numbness, tingling, sharp pains in my arms, hands and elbows often. He said they are muscle spasms. Is that related to the problem of my neck? He told me to try p/t first. I tried p/t for a long time for carpal tunnel, the doctors told me my pain is coming from that, hopefully this time will help. I am on workmen compensation, they wanted to do surgery on my left hand, I knew that wasn't the problem, now my case is suspended. My case calls for arm pain, elbow pain and hand pain on both sides for all. I don't know what to do, I found paperwork six years ago that I did complain about neck pain, my chief complain was neck pain and lower back pain when I went to a back doctor. Then I had a bad situation at work one day, sharp pain going up my arms for a couple of hours, was dizzy, couldn't write right at all. Less than one week stopping p/t. I went to the doctor and he said to take an emg test which it showed severe carpal tunnel in both hands. I think I had that for twenty years. I did a lot of repetitive work, constantly bending, lifting and twisting my neck for thirty years. Do you think it is job related? Thank you for listening. XXXXX
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Both conditions may co-exist

Detailed Answer:
You have cervical spondylosis with carpal tunnel syndrome. Its quite possible that both condition leading to nerve pressure causing arm pain tingling and numbness.
Sometime we call this as double crush syndrome in which the nerve may get pressed at multiple sites along its course.
Definitely these problems are related to your work. Especially if you have the activities in awkward positions. I would suggest to get a thorough exam from spine specialist to rule out cervical problem.
If possible upload your MRI to know more about the spine. Thanks.
Follow-up: MRI stated cervical neuritis or radiculitis. Another stated cervical spondylosis. Does both mean the same? 19 minutes later
Hi Doctor, thanks for your reply. My neurologist did a emg test on upper and lower, and said I don't have carpal tunnel. I know you could have carpal if the test says negative. I had the surgery on my right hand in March 2010 and still have pain and swelling to this day, same kind of pain when I went to my doctor six years ago that day when I felt dizzy etc. I did work in awkward positions with my fingers, hands, arms and neck. Plus I was standing all day bending or lifting. What could cause the muscle spasms in my arms, hands, elbows and fingers? I do get pain in my shoulders too. Does the problem in my neck related to my muscle spasms to the areas I mention? I am hoping workmen compensation picks up the p/t when I get restated, waiting for them to get a letter from my w/c doctor saying I am disabled, the other lawyer says I am not disabled even when I showed them the MRI report on my neck. They claim is not arm or elbow. My workmen comp doctor billing office sent the XXXXXXX for my surgery to my private insurance instead of w/c so now I can't get any medical help that involves arm, hand and elbow on my insurance. Did I get bone spurs from my job? I had spurs on my feet from my job. I wish I can upload the report to you, don't know how to do it. Thanks again. XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
upper limb problem may be due to spine

Detailed Answer:
Bony spurs in the spine indicates wear and tear of the spine which is related to your activities and age. It is usually multifactorial. The bony spurs and prolapse disc may cause pressure on the nerves in spine causing radiating pain along upper extremity. The muscle spasm can be explained if there is pressure on the nerves. I need to see your mri images and report to judge the sevrrity in spine. Thanks.