MRI shows cystic lesion associated with facet joint indenting the thecal sac. What to do?
User rating for this question
Posted Fri, 20 Dec 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 7 hours later
Brief Answer: its a facet joint cyst Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing to us. it is a facet cyst and usually cause pressure on the nerves. What is your complaint? Back pain ? Leg pain? Please get back with the detailed information about your problem. Thanks.
Follow-up: MRI shows cystic lesion associated with facet joint indenting the thecal sac. What to do? 3 hours later
Severe sciatica pain...buttocks, hip & thigh that radiates both legs into feet. Also pain in groin which I have not ever had before. when pain is on a tear i have involuntary diarea & voiding.
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 2 hours later
Brief Answer: these are neurological symptoms Detailed Answer: Thanks for the information. Definitely these symptoms are due to nerve pressure. However you said you had spinal fusion done in the past. What level is it? Do you have the MRI report if you can upload that. I am just curious if the current symptoms are due to stenosis at the L12 level due to cyst or at the level of fusion. If it is due to cyst then it needs to be removed. If pain is the main concern then sometimes the spine injections help to relieve it. I would advise to upload the recent MRI report to tell you better about the problem. Thanks.
People also viewed
- Weakness in arms and difficulty breathing
- Mri shows thecal sac compression should i get surgery done
- Mri shows degenerative spine changes thecal sac indentation treatment
- Serratia surgical site lumbar
- Distended thecal sac of lumbar mri
- Lump on spine ms
- Torn frenulum stop bleeding
- Wake with rapid pulse indigestion
- Mri shows disc dessication indentation over thecal sac precautions
- Lump on spine painful shoulder
- Vdm kit treatment
- Can lumber spondylosis use treadmill
- Soft lumps near the spine
- Mri shows paracentral protrusion indenting thecal sac meaning
- Urinary tract infection in 9 year old daughter and blood in urine