MRI showing right centrum semi ovale show lacunae T2 hyper intense foci ischaemic foci. What does it mean?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
MRI report shows "right centrum semi ovale show lacunae T2 hyper intense foci- ischaemic foci" I m a 30 yr old male suffering from migraines.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: My reply is below. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your MRI brain finding as well as your complaint. It is quite common to find small ischemic foci (representing areas of reduced blood flow) in brain in patients with migraines, especially if they are severe or untreated. So, there is no need to worry about these MRI brain abnormalities. However, we should exclude other causes of brain ischemia such as high BP, sugar, cholesterol and homocysteine by doing appropriate blood tests. At this stage, only anti-migraine treatment is needed. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in