MRI showed minor reduction in disc height in neck. Shoulder MRI showed Mild soft tissue thickening of acromio-clavicular joint. Suggest

Spine Surgeon
MRI showed (taken 2 months back) I have minor reduction in disc height in the neck. The shoudler MRI indicated 'Mild soft tissue thickening of acromio-clavicular joint'
Sometimes this leads to pain in the shoulders, especially the right one and it spreads to the forearm and hand as well. I have been taking lot on NSAIDs, and doing ice-packs. It helps a little but when I start doing exercise (weight training), even with light weights it flares up again.
What should I do to completely recover from this. is it cervical?
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 21 minutes later
Thanks for query,
1. If MRI cervical spine shows mild reduction in disc height that suggests early degeneration which does not explain your symptoms, unless MRI shows no nerve root compression.

2.Your soft tissue thickening of oft tissue thickening of acromio-clavicular joint'joint may cause similar pain.

3.The best way probably is to consult a physiotherapist for acromio-clavicular arthropathy. Even in early spondylosis physiotherapist is best person .