MRI showed mildly dilated endometrium, thickened transitional zone with adenomyosis. Meaning?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I received MRI report which I do not understand. The report says that "Endometrial six times shows adenocarcinoma. Also it comments that the endometrium is mildly dilated measuring up to 7mm. Transitional zone is thickened measuring up to 13 mm with adenomyosis. Ca you explain it to me? My doctor told me that I have an early stage of endometrial cancer so I need a surgery urgently. I got this result 1 month ago.
Please help.
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 minutes later
Hi
Thanks for writing to us
I think there is some typing error in the report you wrote, particularly the first line.
Could you scan the report and upload it ?
Or please check or spell check and rewrite it carefully ?
It would really help me to assist you.
You need not type the whole report, but the inference or impression part of it.
Scanning would be much better.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Follow-up: MRI showed mildly dilated endometrium, thickened transitional zone with adenomyosis. Meaning? 5 days later
The MRI report says.

Clinical History: Endometrial six times shows adnocarcinoma

Technique :MRI of the pelvis was performed utilizing multiple sequences in axial, coronal and sagittal planes without and with IV contrast material

Comments: The uterus measures 7.5 x 4.0 x 4.5 cm. The endometrium is mildly dilated measuring up to 7 mm. Transitional zone is thickened measuring up to 14 mm compatible with adenomyosis. Both ovaries are atropic. No evidence of ovarian or adnexal mass.

Impression : Mildly thickened fluid distended endometrial canal compatible with the history. Thickened transitional zone compatible with adenomyosis

Does it mean that I have a endometrial cancer? And do I have to have a surgery, etc. ASAP? Please let me know. Thank you

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 5 minutes later
Hello
Thank you for your query.
The key word in your entire history is " adeno carcinoma ".
And the line that I fail to understand and which requires clarification is
" Clinical History: Endometrial six times shows adenocarcinoma "

I again urge you to elaborate this.
it makes no sense to me.
What shows six times adenocarcinoma ???
What clinical history shows six times adenocarcinoma.

Please understand that we are discussing a serious issue, and the details provided do not make sense to me.
The MRI report does, but the line I mentioned is a key element and there is something incomplete about it.

Please write back soon

Follow-up: MRI showed mildly dilated endometrium, thickened transitional zone with adenomyosis. Meaning? 27 hours later
I guess Endometrial six times shows mean the took MRI picture six times.
All I want to know what this MRI means. Is it urgent to have a surgery? or what stage of endomerial cancer I am. Please help me.
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 10 hours later
Kindly scan the report and send it to me please.
The implications of endometrial cancer are very grave.
And i doubt the report that has been typed.
It cannot mean that the MRI took a picture six times.
Please scan and upload the report at the earliest.