MRI showed have multiple T2 white matter hypersensitivities inconsistent with age. Meaning?

Apr 2014

An MRI showed I have multiple T2 white matter hypersensitivities inconsistent with my age. although non-specific and I am a symptomatic the report suggests they are could be ischia emit or demyelination. here are more than ten in both the frontal and parietal lobes. could these just be idiopathic and of little consequence or should I be more concerned. the scan was done 18months ago after an episode of mild left side pins and needles which I have since been told was psychosomatic.
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need further evaluation, significant lesions.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Multiple T2 weighted white matter hyper intense lesions numbering more than ten in frontal and parietal region are significant and it need further evaluation.
I think you should get fresh MRI brain( plain and contrast) done to detect the progression of disease because your scan report is 18 months old.

Lesions may be due to ischemia or demyelination. If you have associated neurological complaints, you can discuss with your treating neurologist to differentiate the condition. You will also need to check blood pressure, routine hemogram, random blood sugar, renal function test, lipid profile, liver function test, Ultrasound of abdomen and so on.

Hope I have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome.

Get well soon... Take care