MRI showed dessication, thecal sac impressions at disc margins. What does this mean?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
yes i got a mri done on thur from a fall at work in dec it says t6-t10 have mildly reduced XXXXXXX signals indicating at least mild desiccation as well as vary small anterior thecal sac impressionss at disc margins listed above what does this mean
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The changes shown by MRI in T6-T10 vertebra are mild age related degenerative changes of the spine. These changes, in the absence of any clinical signs and symptoms, are not significant. A clinical correlation is required to assess the importance of these changes.
Scans alone don't necessarily answer every problem. Integrating the scan information with a patient's clinical history and physical exam are essential.In your case these are not worrisome findings and if there is no pain associated with these changes then no treatment is required.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.