MRI showed Minimal Partial Thickness articular surface tearing. Meaning?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I recently had an MRI done on my shoulder and it says: Minimal Partial Thickness articular surface tearing along both the insertional fibers of the supraspinatus and inraspinatus tendons.
Also has Type II acrominon and a 1 cm sucortical cysts

Can you explain in layman terms what this means?

I already had two prior surgeries on this same shoulder!
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Your MRI findings are suggestive of a minor wear and tear related damage to the articular surface of the shoulder joint and some damage to two of your tendons. All these changes are minor ones and are not worrisome. These are most commonly treated conservatively with rest and pain killers with muscle relaxants if the symptoms are not severe. Avoiding all overhead activities will be helpful.
The subcortical cysts are the benign bone cysts and do not need any treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.