MRI results: Within the deep white matter of the anterior left frontal lobe, hyperintense T2 focus identified. Meaning?

Radiologist
Question
MRI results: Within the deep white matter of the anterior left frontal lobe, there is a 2 mm. hyperintense T2 focus identified.
Reason for MRI: Right arm/hand shoulder numbness/weakness and blurred vision of right eye.

Should also an MRI of the Cervical spine be done?...
So far what does the recent results mean?..
I am 53 year old healthy male. Heart and carotid tests reveal normalcy. Blood test good except ESR is high, 16 from 0 - 10 scale.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Mri cervical spine is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, thanks for writing in.
On mri brain T2 hyper intense signal is very non specific finding. It may be associ with dilated vascular space or old minor ischaemia at time. It is not related to any disease unless there is similar signal on other sequences of brain scan. No need to worry about that.
Your symptoms can be explained by intervertebral disc herniation in cervical spine. I will advice please consult your orthopaedic for the same. Mri cervical spine is next necessary investigation.

Hope I have answered your query.
Regards.

Follow-up: MRI results: Within the deep white matter of the anterior left frontal lobe, hyperintense T2 focus identified. Meaning? 2 days later
After lower back surgery in mid July 2013, surgeon stated adaminately no physio and now with this new finding of rt. eye blurred sight and rt. arm numbness the other physician wants Physio to assess/treat situation. Should this be happening against Surgeons orders?
After the surgery from the recovery room, my rt. arm had the IV.site in hand and the BP. cup on same arm. Is this proper pre-op and post-op procedure, as the BP cup was on so tight as to pinch off a vein and eventually separate/break it causing pooling of blood interstitually around the inside and just above the elbow, and with that, the forearm was obviously and noticeably bloated out like edema from the IV. trying to push its fluid against the pinched area from the BP. cup.
Could this also be the cause of my rt. eye blurred vision and rt. arm numbness? Still feels like I have the BP. cup on.
Could this have caused a blood clot resulting in Stroke-like condition?
What should I be doing, if anything at all?
What can I do?

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
no stroke on mri study

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome back.
There is no restrictions to put iv line on either arm. The swelling is possibly due to extravasation of I.v. fluid. It may cause numbness which may give persistent sensation for for days. But is unlikely that it will cause stroke.
Also on MRI any stroke wi appear hyperintense on few sequence like Diffusion and FLAIR. Blurringof vision involves occipital region and not the frontal region. So as per your report you do not have stroke.
Regarding physio status you need to consult your surgeon for exact clinical examination and necessity accordingly.

Hopefully I have answered your query.

Regards.