MRI report, suggested physiotherapy. Result & side effects of laminotomy foraminotomy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dear Doctor,
Please guide as per report of MRI-
That does Laminotomy Foraminotomy is suggested? What are expected results for this surgery? Have any side effects after.
Today Neurologist suggest Physiotherapy, does this will improve conditions?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 days later
I have seen the reports attached with the query. The foraminal stenosis that you are having is only mild and is not much significant. Surgery is not recommended in such minor age related degenerative changes.
Symptomatic treatment is given for pain and any nerve root compression symptoms. The progression of such minor changes can be adequately retarded by cervical isometric exercises under the guidance of a proficient physiotherapist.
Your neurologist is very right in suggesting a conservative treatment for such minor issue.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.