MRI report shows changes in cervical. EMG report normal. Have lower back pain like vibrations

I am enclosing my MRI and EMG reports, you will see that in MRI report it mentioned that there is changes in cervical, in EMG report which was done after 6-7 months shows normal, but getting pain in left back upper travels to left arm and left face, like vibrations type.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 12 hours later

Thanks for the query

From the description of symptoms it looks like you are suffering from cervical radiculopathy secondary to degenerative cervical spondylosis. The nature of the symptoms suggests it to be of mild in nature and probably requires only treatment strategies like physiotherapy to strengthen the neck and the shoulder muscles.

ENMG was done in you to see if you have electrical changes in the peripheral nerves and the spinal nerves to suggest radiculopathy or a neuropathy. Your ENMG studies are normal and does not indicate any damage to the nerves of the upper limbs.

Regarding the Leukoaraiosis, is a radiological finding of small vessel of the brain seen as areas of hyperintensity of the cerebral white matter (WM) on T2-weighted MRI sequences. Leukoaraiosis is commonly finding in MRI of the brain done in people in the middle and old age and does not have any significance.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you find my response to be both helpful and adequate. If you have any additional concerns regarding your question I would be happy to address them.

Dr Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist