MRI report shows brain stroke. Suggest any ayurvedic treatment

Ayurveda Specialist
Question
This is XXXX, My father had a stroke around 8 months back, and MRI report says "RECENT SMALL INFARCTS IN BOTH THE THALAMAI". My dad was unconscious on 6th Feb 2013, we admitted him to XXXXXXX hospital bangalore. The CT scan taken on 6th Feb didn't reveal anything. he was unconscious for almost 4 days. Doctor did the MRI on 9th day and declared he had brain stroke. We are following the medicines and Physiotheraphy prescribed by the doctor

Patient's present condition:
1) He is unable to sit and walk. He can walk only with the support.
2) He is able to speak but he speaks very slowly and doesn't remember most of the things. He only knows the names of family members. He doesnot remeber anything and forgets that he has breakfast around an hour back.
3) He can sense the heat and cold

I have consulted one ayruveda doctor, did
1) Abhyagana and nasys for 15 days
2) shirodhara for 7 days
3)Doctor has provided some ayurveda medicnes,

Please let me know the treatment for this? Can this be cured completely?
Do you suggest any ayurvedic treatments?
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Ayurveda

Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Neurology

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your concern, and following points need consideration before opting for further effective line of management.

1. As he was diagnosed with "STROKE" can you let me know of which form it was:
. Brain infarction or hemorrhage??
2. unable to sit and walk: motor functions are hampered [ is there any loss of involuntary movements also]??
3. He doesn't remember anything and barely speaks: means HIGHER FUNCTION are hampered [with frontal lobe involvement] Is he left handed or right handed??
4. he can sense hot and cold: this means that superficial sensory function is intact.
5. Non hypertensive and non diabetic, any history of alcohol consumption, due to the stroke so in order to prevent unused atrophy "abhyang chikitsa' is given.Apart from these Diet & Life style modifications are essential throughout the treatment of Paralysis.

Do let me know about the concerns raised, so that Dietary Regime and Medicine can be incorporated.

Dr. Munish Sood
M.D. (Kayachikitsa)
Consultant & Physician.

Follow-up: MRI report shows brain stroke. Suggest any ayurvedic treatment 7 hours later
1.As he was diagnosed with "STROKE" can you let me know of which form it was:
. Brain infarction or hemorrhage??--- Ischemic stroke
2. unable to sit and walk: motor functions are hampered [ is there any loss of involuntary movements also]??--- He is able to walk with the support and he will never look down, you have to forcefully make him look down and all the body moments are good.
3. He doesn't remember anything and barely speaks: means HIGHER FUNCTION are hampered [with frontal lobe involvement] Is he left handed or right handed?? --- he is right handed. he understands whatever we ask him and answers all the queries. But all of his answers are not correct like where he was working earlier and what is his sister name?. He recognizes family members and relatives.
5. Non hypertensive and non diabetic, any history of alcohol consumption, yes he was an alchoholic and regular smoker but no previous cardiac diesease, but doctor says his brain has shrinked little bit after observing MRI scan and MRI report also says there was an earlier infarct, which may have gone unnoticed.

Please let me know, if you have any queries and let me know is there any place, i can go for Ayurveda treatment.

Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rehabilitation...

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Thanks for reverting back with your clarifications.

Once a stroke is completed, some brain tissue is dead and its function cannot be restored. [as evident by history: brain has shrinked little bit after observing MRI scan and MRI report also says there was an earlier infarct, which may have gone unnoticed]. While dead brain tissue cannot be restored, intensive rehabilitation can help many people learn to overcome disability by training other parts of the brain to do what the damaged part originally did.

Avoid: chick pea/flour, peas, split red gram, split green gram, bitter gourd, jamun, betel nut, honey, contaminated water, long night waking, fasting, salt, spices, tea, fried-oily food

Take: wheat, old rice, black gram sabut, horse gram, brinjal, garlic, mango, pomegranate, lemon, almonds, black grapes, old ghee, black sesame, milk, coconut water, tamarind, gentle pressing, fresh curd, liquid jaggery, fenugreek saag, salads, fresh fruits.

Grind Black pepper 50 gm and mix 250 ml sesame oil, heat the mixture and apply lukewarm on the body.
Take seeds of bitter bottle gourd, crush them and apply
Prescription drugs available for paralysis are: ekangvir ras, vrihat vaat chintamani ras,vaat kulantak ras,vishtinduk vati, yograj-mahayograj-kaishore gugullu, maharasnadi-rasnasaptak kwath.
Dashmool-Bala-ashwagandha-draksha: arisht, Rheumalya, R-Compound, Rheumanil, Prasarni tail,maanarayan tail,gunja tail.

PS:
Make sure he doesn’t get bed sores due to prolonged recumbency
I am unaware of your location - state/city so cannot comment on where to go for Ayurevda treatment. [The recovery process requires pancha-karma therapies and rehabilitation measures] because standard ayurvedic treatments are always individually formulated.

Dr. Munish Sood
Naimittika

Follow-up: MRI report shows brain stroke. Suggest any ayurvedic treatment 1 hour later
I am staying in Bangalore. So please advice me some places.

Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Address

Detailed Answer:

1. Ayush Ayurvedic Therapy and Rejuvenation
#14, Jaladarshini Layout, (Behind New Bel Road),R.V.M 2nd Stage
Bangalore.
.Pranava Holistic Healing & Rejuvenation Center in Banashankari
XXXXXXX Ayurveda Health Care Pvt. Ltd. in BTM Layout
.Huma Ayurvedic in G.E.F.
.Ayur Care in H.S.R. Layout
.Clinic Ayurveda in R.T. Nagar
.Ayurdhara Ayurvedic Clinic in Mathikere
.Shathayu Ayurveda in XXXXXXX Nagar
XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Ayurdhama in XXXXXXX Nagar
XXXXXXX Ayurvedic Centre in XXXXXXX Nagar
XXXXXXX Ayurveda & Siddha in Bannerghatta Main Road

Dr. Munish Sood
Naimittika