MRI of sacrum and coccyx showed white shadow behind the uterus. Does this indicate a cyst or tumor?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013
Excellent

Neurologist
Question
I just had an MRI of the sacrum and coccyx and there was a white shadow behind the uterus I believe and or near the bowel area. Does this indicate a cyst or tumor?
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely a cyst

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

If it is possible to upload an image of the MRI showing the white area, it would be helpful for me to give a good opinion.

The most likely cause could be a cyst.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist

Follow-up: MRI of sacrum and coccyx showed white shadow behind the uterus. Does this indicate a cyst or tumor? 11 minutes later
Thank you I am unable to upload the disc version or the copy that I sent unless I am able to email it to your direct email address. That is not part of this program. If you care to send me a personal or work email address I can do that for the picture. Thank you for such quick response. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
YYYY@YYYY

Detailed Answer:
Please send the picture to this email ID:

YYYY@YYYY

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: MRI of sacrum and coccyx showed white shadow behind the uterus. Does this indicate a cyst or tumor? 44 minutes later
Images submitted any further opinion?
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems normal

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting the images on the email.

The white area seems to be normal finding; fluid in relation to the bowel loops. It does not appear to be a cyst or tumor.

I could not see the disc view though.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM

Follow-up: MRI of sacrum and coccyx showed white shadow behind the uterus. Does this indicate a cyst or tumor? 3 minutes later
THANK YOU this is a fabulous service :)

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
Best wishes

Detailed Answer:
Thank you and best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM