MRI of lumbo sacral spine done, leg pain. What is the diagnosis and treatment?

Ayurveda Specialist
hi, i am m XXXXXXX from mumbai. I got my father's MRI of Lumbo sacral spine with screening brain. Remarks as follows:-
The MR imaging features reveal disc desiccation and posterocentral extrusion at L5-S1 level with unfolding of ligamentum flamvur and facetal arthropathy causing mild to significant compression of thecal sac and bilateral S1 traversing nerve roots, left more than right. MR evidence of generalized os teoporosis. The brain parenchma in normal.
kindly suggest the remedy as my father's left leg is paining.
Posted Sat, 7 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 21 hours later

As per the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) findings, your father is probably having a degenerative condition leading to disc protrusion along with osteoporosis. It is these degenerative features and the osteoporosis which is possibly causing his pain.

Ayurveda is best in treating this problem. But it should take a long time for recovery and so he needs to start on these medications and continue it on long term. Meanwhile if needed, he can take painkiller medicines with these ayurveda medicines in initial stage, thereafter he should not needed any painkiller.

The following medications need to be started:
1. Maha rasnadi kadha (guggulu XXXXXXX / Sandu) 10 ml thrice a day
2. Laxadi gugal 2 tablets twice a day (Baidyanath)
3. Br. Vaat chintamani ras 1 tablet with honey (Baidyanath)
4. Capsule Quadrosten 1 capsule twice a day (phyto health pharma ltd)

Advice him to take milk regularly in diet and no need of any other diet precautions.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any doubts