MRI of brain showed small white specs on brain, loss of vision. What is the probability that his condition will change?

A recent MRI of my brain shows some small white specs on my brain. The most prominent one is in the left upper quardent of the brain. My vision field exam shows a loss of vision in the lower right quardent of my right eye. What is the probability that his condition will change?
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
The small white specs in your brain, given your history of diabetes and hypertension, seem to be due to microvascular disease ( disease of the small vessels). Visual field changes which accompany such lesions can show modestly good recovery. Appropriate therapy however needs to start. Optical therapy, eye movement therapy and visual field restitution are the rehabilitation
therapies currently available. These would be done by your ophthalmologist and your optometrist.
Please see them as quickly as you can. Treatment started on time is always much more useful in such cases.
Hope this helps
Let me know if I can provide some more information.