MRI done on both hips. What does the report means? Should I be worried?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have just had a MRI done on both hips, I see a orthapedic surgeon later this week, I want to get some sort of an understanding on the results, (left hip) mild offset of the femoral head/neck junction with very shallow superolateral dysplastic bone bump. 8mm cyst identified in the subcortical bone in this region.
Partial thickness tear at the chondrolabral junction extending along lateral labrum from anterosuperior and posterosuperior margin.
There is heterogeneity in signal of the gluteus minimums tendon in keeping with tendons is and there is peritendinous oedema as well. Prominent fluid in the sub sluteus minimums bursa, low grade XXXXXXX surface tearing of the distal insertional fibers. Mild enthesopathec change underlying this noted. Minimal signal abnormality comparable with tendonopathy of the gluteus mediums with out tear, mild oedema in the trochanteric burial region. The iliotibial tract is unremarkable.
(right hip) mild right femoral head/neck junction decentring with shallow superolateral dysplastic bone bump. An extensive tear extending along the chondrolabral junction acetabulum labrum from anterosuperior to posterosuperior. Enthesopathec changes are present at the gluteus minimus intention as well as tendinous and peritendinous oedema. Low grade interstitial tearing is present as well as sub gluteus minimus bursitis. Mild tendonopathy of the hamstring origin is noted. Minimal trochanteric burial oedema.
What does all this mean?????
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Your MRI is suggestive of a partial thickness labral tears on both sides with subcortical benign bone cysts and other degenerative and inflammatory joint changes.
Since there are associated inflammatory changes present, the treatment is usually conservative with rest and pain killers till the acute pain subsides. Osteoarthritis is a common cause of all these changes if there is no history of trauma.
Once the inflammation subsides and if there is is instability of the hip joint on clinical examination, then arthroscopic repair of the tear may be considered for an early recovery.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.