MRI brain scan findings deterioration of the severe bilateral high signal change within the white matter of both cerebral hemispheres. Meaning?

Neurologist, Surgical
MRI brain scan findings ; Deterioration of the SEVERE BILATERALHIGH SIGNAL CHANGE within the white matter of both cerebral hemispheres. What is this?
Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Praveen K Nath 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
TIAs /white matter ischemia

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir
I have gone through your medical history in detail

MRI BRAIN revealed bilateral white matter signal changes which seem to be WHITE MATTER ISCHEMIC CHANGES. These changes are noted due to transient ischemic attacks (TIA) or due to microvascular obstructions.

May I suggest you to

1. Take some ANTIPLATELET medication to prevent future TIA / stroke.

2. Get your LIPID PROFILE & COMPLETE CARDIAC CHECK UP to rule out any atherosclerotic changes

3. Control your BLOOD PRESSURE / BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS// WEIGHT at optimum levels

4.Take opinion from a local neurologist for complete check up & management

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Deptt of neurosurgery