MRI and CT scan showed lamina papyracea not visible and black line on a T2 coronal. Suggest?

ENT Specialist
This is not a question. It is just deep gratitude for all the effort you expended on my case.

My MRI and CT's were sent to Johns XXXXXXX and viewed by a neuroradiologist. The lamina papyracea is not visible on the CT - but there is a black line on a T2 coronal that can only be bone.

I've been referred to UC, XXXXXXX to surgical ophthalmology. I'm launched.

Many thanks again,
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Partial Volume Averaging.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for writing back.

1. Dehiscent bone seen on a CT due to software issues like partial volume averaging is commolyn seen in fungal infection near the thin sinus bone.

2. What appears missing bone or destroyed bone on the Sinus CT Scan is actually intact bone seen during surgery.

Wish you a speedy recovery,