MR arthrogram of shoulder done. What test, cure and precaution is to be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Can you please explain to me what my results below about my shoulder mean? What kind of follow up do you recommend. Thank you!
Results of MR arthrogram of my right shoulder. There is no evidence of fluid or contrast in the subacromial subdeltiod bursa. There is an abnormal appearance to the inferior rim of the glenoid and in the posterior inferior aspect of the labrum, this is likely the sequelae of previous impaction type injury with subsequent sclerosis and scarring in the region, i.e. a Perthes type lesion. There is some linear high signal seen in the superior labrum posteriorly on the coronal T1 fat-suppressed sequences which may represent a superior sulcus. The humeral head has a normal contour and the acromiohumeral distance is normal. Patient has an os acromiale which may predispose to impingement type symptomatology. There is no evidence of significant degenerative changes at the acromioclavicular joint. No soft tissue abnormalities are identified.
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Your MRI is suggestive of mild scarring at the site of previous surgery.
There is evidence of non fusion of the acromion process of scapula leading to formation of a small free bone called os acromiale.
Such a non fused bone can cause pain on doing overhead activities.
For symptomatic os acromiale, the first goal of treatment is pain relief. Non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like Motrin, ibuprofen, or Aleve can help with pain control and decrease inflammation.
Activities that cause symptoms should be avoided. A physical therapy program that focuses on establishing non-painful shoulder motion and strengthening of the shoulder muscles will also be helpful.
Selective injection within the nonunion site or in the subacromial space (between the acromion and shoulder joint) may provide pain relief.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.