Lymphoedema, ABVD chemo, aneamic, low WBC count. Improved blood count will reduce lymphatic swelling ?

After ABVD chemo (2007), I developed swelling of one leg (seems like lymphoedema, however I am not too sure it is) in 2008. I am borderline aneamic (low iron) and my WBC count is on the low side since finishing the treatment. Would getting my blood count to better place help with heart damage from chemo, help improve my blood circulation & perhaps help with the lymphatic swelling by improving overall circulation? Is there a link between good blood circulation and good lymph circualtion?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later

Chemotherapy cycles are always associated with suppression of synthesis of all kinds of blood cells. The lymphedema of one leg is more likely to be due to the blockage caused by spreading cancer cells.

Improvement of blood cells after completing chemotherapy will help in fighting infections better but it is best to get the cause of lymphedema investigated with the help of your treating physician.
Cardiac toxicity of these drugs will reduce once the chemotherapy cycle is over.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.