Lymph plasma leaking from surgery stitches, painful, sleeplessness. Have skin cancer. Can you help?

Hi.I would like to ask how kan I help my mom from pain.She have skin cancer in high stadium.She had operation under her arm last month and from that time she is in pernament pain becousse lymph plasma is licking from her stich.I think it is not ok if it is stll lickin ower month.Sometimes it is plasma with blood.She have pain and can`t move propely her hand .She is using medical tissius but compain that everythink is itcing and hurts.She holds tissius all the time with her other arm to not tuch the pain plaice.It is not comfortable for her .She can`t sleep or move propely.And because she is waiting for more examination she have just some pills whitch not working and homeopathic pills for sleeping and they not helps ither. Until that time I realy want to help her with pain.Can you help me please?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

I can appreciate that your mother is dealing with a significant degree of discomfort and pain. I think it is critically important that you schedule an appointment with her surgeon to evaluate what is going on. Sometimes the surgeon can revise what he has previously done in order to improve the flow of the lymphatic system.

Regarding pain control I think it might be necessary for her to start taking some low dose narcotic pain medication. This is the only true analgesic which will provide excellent pain control for her at this time. It will not be something she needs to be on permanently but I think it is certainly worthy of consideration right now in light of the significant degree of discomfort she is experiencing

Her doctor or her surgeon can provide her with a prescription for this medication. The pain control can be managed every 6 to 8 hours as needed with pain medication. I do not think there is any homeopathic remedy which will provide excellent pain control right now.

As I stated earlier I think it is necessary for the surgeon to evaluate what is going on so that he might be able to address the cause of the discomfort right now.

I can certainly understand that you and your mother are dealing with a significant degree of discomfort and anxiety. I hope my suggestion is helpful to you as we work towards helping her feel better. If you have any additional concerns I am here for you.

Dr. Robert