Lymph percentage and mono percentage are higher than normal. Suggest solution?

Question
I recently had bloodwork done. My lymph percentage and my mono percentage came back higher than normal. What does this mean?
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Arthritis

Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
it means you have infection

Detailed Answer:
HI
Thanks for the question.
High percentage of lymph and mono from my experience is usually due to infection in most cases viral infection.
Other related causes can be cancer or auto immune diseases.
I usually carry out more tests to confirm what infection is present, what micro organism is causing it etc so I would recommend you see physician for detailed laboratory investigation. Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you if you have other queries.

Follow-up: Lymph percentage and mono percentage are higher than normal. Suggest solution? 26 hours later
I have one more question. My lymph cells and my mono cells were in the normal range. It was the lymph and mono percentages that were high. Does that still call for concern?
I sent a question 3 hours ago. I wanted to see if it was received.

Answered by Dr. David Okia 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
percentage(number) and cell structure

Detailed Answer:
HI
thanks for your follow up question
I usually explain 2 things to my patients anatomy(structure) of cell involved and percentage that refers to count. In your case structure (anatomy) of mono and lymph was normal but their numbers (percentage) was high. Normal range for lymph for example is 15-40 percent, anything above 40 percent is high. Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you if you have more queries.