Lymph node under chin, after flossing goes away, causes. treatment ?

Hello, I am 36yr old female
I just recently felt a lymph node under my chin after I floss, it eventually goes away. Anything to be concerned about, and what causes this?
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 22 hours later

The likely lymph nodes which are enlarged in your case are submental lymph nodes. These can get enlarged whenever there's some infection of the oral cavity. As you have mentioned that these lymph nodes eventually go away, this takes away a lot of worries and is suggestive of some minor underlying infection causing them to enlarge.

Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes.Treatment is usually cold compresses,over the counter anti-inflammatory analgesics(pain killers) like Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen,antibiotics XXXXXXX be needed if cause of infection is suspected to be a bacteria and surgical drainage if there is any abscess (collection of pus) formation.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health