Lupus patient. Diagnoisis with Hep C. Suggest?

I was diagnoisis with Hep C and I am a Lupus patient. What am I up against now?

Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I advise you to visit a gastroenterologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

You have to be evaluated for the indication of therapy for hepatitis C

For this I will advise you to visit a Gastroenterologist or Hepatologist who may examine you and may advise for tests like complete haemogram, liver function tests, ultrasound abdomen, HCVRNA quantitative, genotype of the endoscopy examination, lipid profile and overall the status of lupus disease like renal function, medication you are taking and suitability for the treatment

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Follow-up: Lupus patient. Diagnoisis with Hep C. Suggest? 33 minutes later
Thanks for the suggestion I have this in the works, however Hep C and Lupus sounds serious for me immune system disorder and a virus in the body. Can I survive these two things together?
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hello thanks for feed back

Detailed Answer:
yes although the therapy for hepatitis C will require very close and careful monitoring but it can be cured at least. Wish you a good health