Lung cancer, tests, surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy. Cost of treatment ?

Please how much would it cost for treatment of lung cancer in England. I mean Test, surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and after treatment. Please I making this inquiry for a friend. Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Lung Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 3 hours later

Sorry to know about your friend.

The treatment in England including investigations, surgery, chemoradiotherapy and after treatment would be around 7500 - 8000 pounds in the private sectors and might vary from hospitals to hospitals.

You can go through this link: WWW.WWWW.WW uk/nicemedia/live/0000/0000/0000.pdf, which states about the cost of treatment of Lung Cancer in England according to their survey in April 2011.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubt, I am available for the follow ups.

Wish your friend a speedy recovery.