Lumps on top of mouth, discomfort while swallowing and gulping. Is it infection or cancer?

Hi I just emailed my query on my upper mouth
Noticed a small lump in the top of my mouth when rolling my tongue about a week ago... I then forgot all about it..
Woke up yesterday morning after a night on the beers and I have noticed I have 2 small lumps when I roll my tongue to the top of my mouth.
I now notice a minor discomfort when I swallow while I eat or when I gulp( swallow generally)
When drinking also.
I'm a UK expat out here. General health has always been pretty good.
Just want to know if it is a bacterial infection or (unlikely )but throat cancer?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 13 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

It is unlikely to be a cancer. But to be sure, I would need more info.

Do you have any sore throat/ mouth?
Is there fever?
What is the size, consistency of it?
Is it smooth or irregular? Are there ulcers / discolorations in the mouth?

Bacterial infection is painful, causes fever, neck gland enlargement, inflammation around. An abscess would be raised, smooth contoured.
It would greatly help if you could upload a photo of the lump here using the uploading service available on this site just below the text box. You can email the reports / photos to
YYYY@YYYY      with subject- (Attn: Dr. Prasad Akole)