Lumps on the scalp with tenderness. Diagnosed with spondylitis. Are these related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I've was diagnosed with spondylitis 6 months ago and recently developed 3 hard, lumps on my head, one is mildly tender. Any idea what these could be?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Lumps in the scalp which are mildly tender may be due to psoriasis or due to soft tissue swellings like sebaceous cysts, lipomas, infected hair follicles, etc.
A direct examination is necessary for proper diagnosis.
Such multiple lumps are not likely to be related to spondylitis.
For the confirmation of diagnosis, you need to get this lump examined from a doctor and get a MRI scan for any soft tissue growth and a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) done.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.