Lumps on stomach, forearms and back. How to reduce the spreading?

how reduce the fat balls in the body, i am avoiding high fat items but still it is not reducing... recently found more balls near stomach, forearms , arms and backside of stomach.. pl suggest..
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

I have looked through the images which you have sent and they give the impression of being a lipoma.
This lump is not related to obesity or the amount of fat you consume and would not go away with exercise.
A lipoma is a slow-growing, fatty lump that's most often situated between your skin and the underlying muscle layer and is usually harmless. Treatment by and large is not necessary, but if they are in a location that bothers you, painful or are growing in size, you may want to have them removed.
I would suggest that you visit a general surgeon who can perform a comprehensive evaluation and appropriate treatment can be instituted. Some investigations like an ultrasound or other imaging test, such as an magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computerized tomography (CT) scan (if the lipoma is large) or a fine needle aspiration cytology (to rule out other possibilities) may be required.

If you are really bothered, you can get it removed surgically after talking to your physician.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.
I will be available for follow-up queries.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.