Lumps in vaginal area 2 days after sex

what are lumps in the vaginal area,two days after sexual contact with your man?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 1 hour later

Noticing lumps or vaginal swellings could be due to following reasons

1. Semen allergy: you may be allergic to your partner's semen , which causes an acute inflammatory reaction causing itching, rashes, swelling in the vagina and irritation.This can develop very quickly and last for even a week or more.

2. Condom allergy: the lubricant in the condom at times may cause allergy to the female partner which again has the manifestations similar to the semen allergy I mentioned above

3. Infections : vaginal infections caused by trichomonas, candida, gardenella, etc can become acute after an intercourse if they were already present before. In such cases they do cause some discharge , fever, abdominal pain and swelling in the vaginal region

4. Friction and trauma: most often , due to friction and longer duration of sexual intercourse, the vaginal tissues tear up and then the mucosa gets irritated causing an acute inflammation leading to swelling, this is made even worse if the vagina has remained dry and there was not much lubrication by the natural secretions following foreplay.

5. Lastly any cysts like Gartner's cysts and Bartolin's cysts along with an associated infection may get exaggerated and present as noticeable swellings.

I suggest you visit the gynecologist for an examination to find out what they are and get them treated accordingly.

I hope I answered your question .I am available for follow up queries as well.