Lumps around groin with pigmentation. What could they be?

My 'boyfriend" IS 6'4" TALL, WEIGHTS 200 LB, and has really big )several inches) lumps around his groin that are shaped kind of like cauliflower warts. I don't know how long he has had them. Pigmentation is same as background skin (pale white guy). They have to be too big for HPV, so what might they be?

Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later
Hello XXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

I understand that these warts are too large, and cannot be compared to the usual images seen online, but let me start off by saying that HPV has a very typical presentation, which is easily identifiable, and cannot be confused with other conditions. This is mainly by the appearance of warts in the genital region. Their characteristics are:
-Fungating or cauliflower-like
-Usually small, but when associated with cancer, can grow to larger sizes
-Flesh coloured or gray
-Itching or discomfort around genitals
-Bleed with intercourse (due to friction)

I am really sorry to inform you about this, but there is a very strong chance of this being HPV, along with some complications (given the size of the warts).

The following is my advise:
-Please refrain from any contact with them
-Abstain from sexual contact
-Please get yourself checked, if you have had any sexual or direct contact with the warts, as this is highly contagious (if diagnosis is correct)
-Please request your boyfriend to report to a doctor at the earliest for investigation of HPV, and once this is confirmed, for investigation of HPV-related tumors or cancer

I am afraid other than HPV, the only other possibility is 'Condyloma Acuminata'. But, this is very unlikely, and is also associated with HPV.

I am sorry to alarm you in such a manner, but I only hope and pray for your well-being. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.