Lumps anterior to ear with aspiration of browish liquid. Should aspiration be done now?

I have had two "lumps" just anterior to the left ear aspirated, one about five years ago and the last one about a month ago. Each time approximately 1.5 cc of brownish liquid was aspirated and the lumps went away. After the last aspiration, I disovered another lump just below the right tempomandibular joint. Should I go ahead and have it aspirated.
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

The lumps you get appear to be due to the lymph node abscesses, as the site involved is very typical.

The best treatment of such a lump is aspiration followed by a course of antibiotics.

This time do send the sample from the aspiration to Histopathological test and a culture sensitivity test which can give detailed insight into the cause of such recurrent lesions.

Wish you good health.