Ask a Dentist   »  

Lump under toe, pain

Spine Surgeon
lump right under my big toe
i have a lump under my big toe and it cause me pain when i am on my feet to long and it is tender around the edgesof it its hard but the inside circle is soft seems yellowish
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in TMJ
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 4 hours later

Most likely you are suffering from a condition called pressure sore (corn) which causes thickening of the skin with pain. You can try corn caps which are available over the counter in pharmacy which will reduce the thickness of the lesion.

If not better, please consult an orthopedic surgeon for x-ray and physical examination, as this could also be due to some small bones called sesamoids under the big toe.