Lump under skin on neck. Feeling lightheaded, shortness of breath and racing heart rate. Prognosis?

Hi, I found a lump under my skin on my neck about 6 weeks ago but thought it was probably a gland. I have been getting light headed a lot over the last month or so probably 10 times a week. Over the last couple of weeks my ear keeps becoming blocked especially in the bath or sleeping on it. I sometimes get a hot sensation on that side of my face and somewhere when feeling light headed. The last couple of weeks I've been exhausted and felt so tired but when it comes to sleeping it takes me a while which it never used to. Today I woke up and my ear was totally blocked and I could pop it dno then I went light headed but it lasted and I would have passed out but led on the floor. After about 1 minute I got up and went light headed again and became really short of breath I struggled to breathe and my hert was racing and became very hot. Tonight I got light headed spell again but it was only for about 5 seconds but again my heart was racing. Could you shed some light? I also think I found another 2 XXXXXXX lumps at the back of my neck today. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 53 minutes later
thanks for writing to us.
Most of the symptoms mentioned by you, like lightheadedness, shortness of breath, easy fatigue, increased heart heart, difficulty in sleeping etc points towards anaemia (low haemoglobin).
They could also be explained by anxiety but we should be going down that line only if your labs are normal.

Regarding the bump on skin, and ear blockage, this might not be related to other symptoms. The ear could be blocked due to wax and the enlarged lymph nodes(bumps) could be due to some minor infection in the head and neck area. It would be worthwhile to get your ear examined by a GP.
It would be better if you send a picture of the skin lesion.

I would suggest that you get a complete blood count and a peripheral smear so that we can know if you do have a low haemoglobin.
Meanwhile, try having plenty of water and relaxing a bit. This should help.
Let me know if you have any further doubt.
Thank you.