Lump throughout the body. Symptom of lymphoma?

Critical Care Specialist
Hi I am trying to decide if I need to go to the ER. A week ago a massage therapist found multiple "lumps" throughout my body. I saw my dr and my WBC was high and they wanted me to come back in a couple weeks. Well know my entire head and neck are killing me, my neck and throat feel swollen to the point where I am having a hard time swallowing and I feel feverish. I am concerned I have lymphoma, but right now the swallowing is a huge concern.
Posted Sun, 23 Dec 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 2 hours later

Yes, you need to go ER as your symptoms suggest that you may be having lymphoma. Swelling in the throat and fever could be a super-added infection which may require immediate attention. Treatment of infection will reduce the swelling and will make swallowing easy. You will also need a complete work up for lymphoma.

My suggestion hence would be to visit the ER.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any more queries.

Dr Sadiq