Lump on urethral meatus. No pain or discharge. How to get rid of this?

I have a mark/lump on the right side of my urethral meatus. It can only be seen if i open and look down. Some days it seems larger than others although i cannot be sure of this. There is no pain or discharge. It is only slightly raised and seems to be smooth. The size is about 2-3mm
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I would have been happier to answer if a photo were available.
The description fits with NORMAL URETHRAL MUCOSA.
When the lips of the meatus are separated and looked into, there is a apparent bulge and that's what you probably mean.
It is normal. If there are other symptoms like pain, discharge or fever, a consult is necessary.
Otherwise there is nothing to worry.
Best regards