Lump on the testicle. Exposure to HPV virus. Is the lump due to this?

I have a lump on my left testicle. It is kind of hard and is about the size of a pea. It feels like a tube or large blood vessel is connected to it and It feels like the lump is against my testicle but maybe not connected to it. It seems like I can move the lump around while holding the testicle in place. I am 35 years old, and live a active lifestyle. I haven't seen a doctor since I was a kid so I'm not sure what I should do or what kind of doctor I should see..Also I have been sexually active with a girl that was diagnosed with the HPV virus and I have a few wort like symptoms as well. I have had these symptoms for about 6 years now.. Can the testicle lump be related to the virus?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

You are telling us that you are having a pee size swelling on your left testicle for the past six years but has not grown in size. It is hard to touch

I would like to clear it off right away that it does not look like cancer or a viral infection.
Cancer would have grown larger and a viral infection would have subsided by now. It hard to tell what the swelling might be without a physical exam. But it could be any of the following

1. Fibrous tissue
2. Calcified fat
3. Skin tag
4. Calcified cyst
What ever it might be, I can tell you that it is not an emergency and you have nothing to worry about
In such cases it is ideal to XXXXXXX a general surgeon, if will examine you and also tell you what it can be. Biopsy is the gold standard to know the content of the swelling

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no follow up queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Lump on the testicle. Exposure to HPV virus. Is the lump due to this? 37 minutes later
To clarify, I just discovered the lump yesterday. The lump in inside of the scrotum, not external, and it does not seem to be connected to the testicle. I was wondering what the likelihood might be that the lump is testicular cancer of some kind. I do have external symptoms of HPV, but I only mentioned that because I thought it might be a risk factor for the cancer.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 4 hours later

It is most probably just a small epididymal cyst. Many normal people have it. Don't worry. It's normal. If you are very much concerned about cancer and mentally disturbed, get it operated by surgeon.