Lump on the scrotal skin. Treatment?

spherical lump on scrotal skin:

this a lump that is spherical in nature, and hard to the touch. it is located on the skin an not on testicals. when not touching and going about my business doesn't bother me, but if i touch and squeeze it, there is some discomfort. there is no noticeable color change in the skin where this is located. it is located near the left thigh, and is in a region where there is friction between thigh and scrotal skin and underwear.....
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 10 hours later

Based on your description, the lump sounds like a 'sebaceous cyst'.

Sebaceous cyst is a common occurrence at the scrotal region. It is not a serious condition and can be left alone.

Treatment is by surgical excision. Surgery is minor procedure that takes 20-30 mins only in the hands of a competent doctor. Surgical excision can be attempted if you develop symptoms.

I would be able to rule out few other conditions if you can upload a picture of the lump here. So if you have a picture of the lump, please upload it here.

Hope my answer is helpful. Should you have any additional query, I will be available to address them.