Lump on the right side of hard palate in the mouth, grown, sore to touch with tongue. Causes ?

Dentist, Pedodontics
Hello - I have a lump on the right side of my hard palate. I have always sort of had some sort of lump there, like the 2 side of the palate have never been identical. I think it has grown and now it kind of is sore when I touch it with my tongue. It pretty much extends from the back almost to the front, the back is taller and wider, the front is much smaller. What do you think?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Amitabha Chakraborty 9 hours later

As you have said "always", which indicates that the lump is from birth. Is that true?

It is very difficult to diagnose such problem without seeing the lesion. But I will try to resolve your anxiety. Please inform me the answer of the following question ?

1) How long do you have the swelling?
2) Is it hard in feeling as if you have a bone inside it?
3) Is it slowly growing?
4) Do you have spontaneous pain in the lesion OR is it painful to touch?
5) Any redness or ulceration on the surface?
6) Do you have a tooth with large caries on upper right side?
7) Please send me a photograph of the lesion, if possible( Take 2 photos in normal light source, one in normal mode and another in a macro mode. Do not zoom or flash)
8) Scanned picture of your OPG(Orthopantomogram) X-ray and Upper right occlusal X-ray.

Hope I will get a quick response from you, so that I can help you to furnish a most possible diagnosis and a way out from this problem.

Thank you.