Lump on the lower shin bone and palm. Are these related?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I just noticed a small lump on my lower XXXXXXX's hard and pea sizes. I also recently notices one on the base of my middle dinger on the palm side of my hand. Any correlation or something to get checked?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

Small pea size hard lump on lower XXXXXXX could be due to a Sebaceous cyst or Osteoma or a Neurofibroma. The swelling on the base of middle finger does not seem to be related to the leg swelling.

Diagnosis can only be made after examination.

I suggest you to see your doctor for localised examination of the lump. You may plan the necessary treatment after discussing with them.

Till then, you can self monitor the swellings for any increase in size, pain, redness, nerve symptoms, etc in which case an early treatment is required.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.