Lump on testicle and back. Concerned about the difference in size of the testicles

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi Doctor,
My left testicle is bigger than the right one. I also see that a small lump has appeared just under the testicle. I have no problems while urinating and my testicles don't hurt either.
Similar lumps are present on my back as well.
Is this normal or should I get it checked up.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
The lump below your testicle is not a normal finding. Although the left testicle does generally hang lower than the right and may appear to be bigger, an ultrasonography of the scrotum is required to be able to accurately tell the difference and to ascertain the nature of the swelling.
The swelling under testicle and enlarged size could be due to-
• Varicocele- This is due to congested veins which feel like a bag of worms.
Epididymal cyst – A cyst forms in the epididymis, a tube directly attached to the testicles
Hydrocele or hernia
The lump under the testicle is not likely to be related to the lumps you have at your back. The lump on your back could be a lipoma, fibroma or sebaceous cyst. A complete examination is necessary
Please visit your physician for a detailed examination and necessary investigations so that proper treatment can be initiated.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.