Ask a Urologist   »  

Lump on penis, swollen, STD free. Can you help?

Hi my penis has a lump on it...well actually it looks like a swollen area. It's like in the middle of my lose hole I've had it for yrs and I'm std free its on both sides of my lose hole it almost looks like the far side is swollen but the side closest to me looks normal...well mabye just a little swollen...can u help
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 6 hours later

Thank you for posting your question.

The first thing to be said about this swelling is that if it has been there for years and has not become any worse, then it is very unlikely to be too serious.

The foreskin consists of two layers - an outer layer of skin and an inner layer of mucus membrane. In order to function properly, all mucus membranes are supplied with tiny glands that secrete a lubricant. I suspect that in your case one of these glands has become blocked and that's what's causing this slight swelling that you are seeing.

If you are still worried, consult your doctor for physical examination, so that cause can be confirmed. However, in my opinion, it is not worth a separate visit to a doctor at this stage.

I hope you found this useful. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.