Ask a Urologist   »  

Lump on penis, next to circumcision scar, hard during masturbation, painful bumps. Treatment ?

General Surgeon
Question
hi, i have a lump on my penis, immediately next to the circumcision scar on the side that used to be part of the foreskin. it's not bad at times, but when i masturbate to much the bump becomes hard and starts to hurt. it has no discoloration or puss; but i can't push on it because the pain will stay for a while. it's texture can't really be noticed by looking 'in passing' but if i look close it looks like little bubbles that won't burst. i've had this lump for years [since i was a teenager - now i'm 30].
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 4 hours later

A small lump on the side of penis ,which becomes painful while moving and becomes hard during masturbation appear to be benign swelling or mass of the penile skin or under neath it. It can be due to variety of reasons . It don`t appear to have any thing to do with circumcision .As it is persisting for years without change in size ,so it rules out any thing very serious.It is most probably a small lipoma or neurofibroma or some sebaceous gland enlargement.(Fordyce spots).Such lumps can easily be excised .If lump is increasing in size or hurting you more and more ,surgical excision and testing can be thought of.     

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Lump on penis, next to circumcision scar, hard during masturbation, painful bumps. Treatment ? 16 minutes later
Just one more thing. It's almost non visible when not swollen. It has the consistency of just a little flab of excess skin. When it swells up it becomes hard. I just realized I didn't mention that earlier. This doesn't change anything correct?

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 6 minutes later

Nice to see you again     

If it appear when penis is in erection phase or disappear when penis is in flaccis phase ,then dilatation of some small vessel of penile skin or penis itself can be thought of .In such cases or conditions urologist opinion appear to be more helpful

‘Hope I have answered your query, Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery.