Ask a Urologist   »  

Lump on my left testicle. Done ultrasound. Chances of having testicular torsion?

Question
sir/madam, I have attached my ultrasound report which was advised by an urologist when I consulted him for a lump on my left testicle. This lump is there since about 10/11 years. When I heard about testicular cancer I consulted the doctor and he examined me in his clinic by touching the lump physically and said that it is not a cancer but he advised me for scrotal ultrasound just to confirm it. After seeing the ultrasound report (the report attached herewith) he again said the same thing and said that it is totally harmless and nothing to worry about it. Sir my question is although there is no evidence of cancer in this report is there any other serious irregularities are there like testicular torsion ??? Can testicular torsion be detected with the same ultrasound test which I have done or any other test is required for it ??? He also advised me the semen analysis test and the report is attached with this query. Sir is there any serious irregularities with the semen analysis test ??? Am I able to father a child with this report ??? Please help me...
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No torsion, no cancer, and normal semen analysis

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

From the attached ultrasound report, the lump that has been detected is found to be a cyst, which is a harmless growth, that is in no way serious and can be easily removed (if required) by a minor surgical procedure. No sir, thereare no serious complications or conditions detected.

As for your semen analysis, the report is again absolutely normal, and you will surely be able to father a child with your current status, if you wish to do so.

All is well sir, congratulations. As for the question of testicular torsion; yes sir. Testicular torsion can be detected with the same ultrasound investigation, and as it has not reported testicular torsion, it is certain that you do not have it.

I hope you found my response helpful, please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Take care and god bless.

Follow-up: Lump on my left testicle. Done ultrasound. Chances of having testicular torsion? 7 hours later
sir, I masturbate much and during ejaculation I obstruct the semen to come out (control the flow of semen) to get more pleasure. Is this practice is going to create any serious issues like testicular cancer or any type of infertility problem ??? thank u sir.

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Perfectly healthy technique

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

No sir, not at all. In fact this is also considered a technique which is widely recommended to help in delaying ejaculation in men, which can prolong the time of intercourse. This is considered healthy and can, in no way cause any problems. You may rest assured.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Lump on my left testicle. Done ultrasound. Chances of having testicular torsion? 6 minutes later
sir I do the above thing at the final stage of masturbation when some amount of semen already came out . I release the rest of the semen in a controlled manner by blocking the head of my penis for which I feel more pleasure. Sir can it so happen that some semen could not come out due to this or return to the inside which may cause any serious condition like any type of cancer or any other infertility issues ??? Thank U for your response sir.

Brief Answer:
It will all exit, no chance it wont

Detailed Answer:
Hello my friend.

There is no chance such a thing can happen, unless there is an anatomical problem, in which your ejaculation will not exit your penis at all. But with the technique used by you, there is absolutely no chance that the semen does not exit. So there is nothing to worry about at all. As it will all exit, we need not worry about it staying back at all.

Please do not worry. This is a safe practice. Wishing you good health always. I hope you are satisfied with my response. Feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, please do not hesitate.

God bless.

Follow-up: Lump on my left testicle. Done ultrasound. Chances of having testicular torsion? 10 minutes later
thank U sir. Sir thank U so much for your response. As U have said that this can only happen if there is an anatomical problem (in your previous reply). Do I have such anatomical problem ??? Can that problem be detected from the ultrasound which I have done and attached the report or some other test is required for it ??? If that anatomical problem is found then can it lead to cancer or any problem leading to fertility ??? Thank u sir.

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome; no; no

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again.

You are most welcome. No my friend, you do not have that anatomical problem, which would result in retrograde ejaculation. An ultrasound would more than suffice to find the problem, if it existed. And as your ultrasound has reported a normal result, you do not have this problem for sure.

And retrograde ejaculation, even if present, cannot lead to cancer, but it can lead to infertility. But you need not worry about this, as you do not have it.

It was my pleasure to be of assistance to you. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.