Lump on left and right epididymis, left one large, soft, right one hard and small, no pain, detached from testicle. Causes for lumps?

I have a lump on my left and right epididymus. The one on the left is larger and softer feeling. The one on the right is harder and only the size of a pea. They are both detached form the testicle and cause no pain or any symptoms for that matter.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 8 hours later

The lumps on your right and left scrotal sacs as described appear to be indeed arising from epididymis and from your description they appear to be epididymal cyst. Epididymal cysts are usually asymptomatic and do not require any treatment. Patients are offered treatment only if they start causing troublesome pain.

As already mentioned that you appear to have epididymal cyst and nothing needs to be done but I shall still suggest yourself to get examined by a urologist to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.