Lump on forehead near hairline. Has headache, throws off equilibrium. Is this okay to be typical?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My 22 year old daughter has been getting a lump on her forehead near hairline, that comes and goes. When it is there it gives her a headache and sometimes throws her equilibrium off slightly. It came last night and was gone this morning, this is typical she says?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Brain Tumor
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
A lump on the forehead that comes and goes associated with headache could be due to-
1. Recurrent or severe sinus infections
2. Cysts arising from the skin glands like sebaceous cysts.
3. Acne.
4. Allergic edema.
At times it becomes very difficult to comment without actually seeing the patient. I suggest you to get an appointment from your primary physician as soon as possible to know the nature of the lump. Earlier the diagnosis, better will be the treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.