Lump on forehead, have sunburn, vacationing in beach. Related?

Question
i am 19 and vacationing in miami beach. i woke up yesterday morning with a lump on my forehead that was not there before. i did get a sunburn on top of my scalp. can it be related ? do i need to go to the emergency room?
thanks
XXXXXX
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Sun Burn

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
From the picture you have sent it appears that you have hit some blunt object which you might be unaware off. That has caused this small bulging.
Whether it is associated with Confusion, Nausea or vomiting, Blurred vision, headache.
From the information that you have provided i don't think you need to worry much, you will be fine in a day or two. You can apply ice packs on that and nothing else.
I advice you to see physician if the symptom's severity increases or it is associated with blurred vision, nausea vomiting.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Wish you good health. Take care.

Follow-up: Lump on forehead, have sunburn, vacationing in beach. Related? 20 minutes later
thanks for your response, but i am not black and blue and it does not hurt. thats what worries me
thanks
XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 5 minutes later
Hello
Good to hear from you.
You need not be like that, it might be minor thing, that you are unaware off, you should be fine in a day or two.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.