Lump on eyebrow with sore reddish area, headache out of tenderness, swollen eye lid. Applied antibiotic & hydrocortise ointment. Should see a doctor?

Hi Goodmorning, I am female and tweeze my eyebrows. I have a lump that has developed under my left brow , for a couple of days feels sore reddish area ( noticable to me redness) tender area . Yesterday tenderness gave me headache , I put antibiotic oitement and hydrocortisone oitment , used several times. This morning all area including eye lid is swollen , now you can see the redness of the lump.. Do not open eye fully now ( note yesterday my left eye a little blurry i had thought it was my glasses smudged ) .. Do you think warm compress and no oitment or go see the doctor today at local Stat Med office..Thank you
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 20 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query.

It seems you had a boil under your left eyebrow which resulted in cellulitis around your eye.

Cellulitis is infection of skin and subcutaneous tissues. Since area around eye is loose tissue, the infection results in marked swelling around eyes giving it the appearance of puffy look.

You must consult your doctor and get a proper examination done along with prescription of proper antibiotic.

Once the proper course of antibiotic is done, you will be all right.

I hope to have answered you and if you wish to ask more, you are welcome.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Thanks and good luck.
Follow-up: Lump on eyebrow with sore reddish area, headache out of tenderness, swollen eye lid. Applied antibiotic & hydrocortise ointment. Should see a doctor? 24 hours later
Thank you for reply.. I did go see doctor yesterday and indeed he gave me antibiotics for infection of eye area. Also, turns out i had a sinus infection too that he could see when looked up nose . Thanks again
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 21 minutes later
Now when you complete the course of antibiotics,you will be alright.
Good luck to you.